Are you planning a trip to India’s official Pink city – Jaipur? Here is a list of the top 7 things that you need to do during your Jaipur trip. We at Tripnova, have compiled the perfect Jaipur Trip Guide so you don’t have to fret at all. A trip to India’s one of the most royal places will leave you spellbound with its imperial beauty!
Here is a list of Top 7 Things that you cannot miss on your Jaipur trip :
1. Visit the iconic Forts IN Jaipur
Jaipur is packed with stunning forts that reflect historic splendor. The three most famous forts of Jaipur are – Amer fort, Jaigarh Fort, and Nahargarh Fort. These forts are located on the outer periphery of the city Jaipur.
- Amer Fort – The most enchanting fort of Jaipur is placed on a hilltop. The grandness of its beauty is depicted in its size as well as architecture. Its charm is combined with Diwan-e-Khas, Diwan-e-Aam, and Sheesh Mahal. You will be stunned by hand-painted and mirror work designs that cover the ceilings and the walls of the fort.
- Jaigarh Fort – A secret passage from Amer fort leads to the majestic Jaigarh fort. Its unending red walls were designed to protect the city and the Amer fort. This fort was built strategically to serve as a battleground and is home to some of the biggest cannons.
- Nahargarh Fort – The striking beauty of this fort can be credited to the Indo-European style of architecture. This palace was built as a summer destination for the royal family. Currently, this fort has been turned into a hotel for tourists to experience the lavish royalty.
2. Try the Famous Rawat Kachori
Your trip is incomplete unless you try out the authentic cuisines that Jaipur has to offer. The most special being the mouth-watering pyaaz kachoris from Rawat Mishthan Bhandar. Crispy on the outside, hot on the inside – it will stimulate your taste buds like never before. They serve fresh and hot Rajasthani snacks that will not fail to impress you. Along with kachoris, you can try their famous Daal Baati, Ghewar and Badam milk.
3. Shop your heart out at Johari Bazaar
One of the most sought after markets of Jaipur is Johari Bazaar. Make sure to reserve half a day for this pink dipped market. Get lost in the shopper’s paradise that offers – silver jewelry, Rajasthani artifacts, handicrafts, pagdi, indigenous clothing, Sanganeri bedsheet, Bandhej printed garments, gems, and the list is endless. The market is dipped in pink, justifying the name of the ‘Pink City’. The market attracts tourists from all over the world for its intricate products.
4. Witness the sunset at Hawa Mahal
Made up of red and pink sandstone, Hawa Mahal is a well-crafted subject for photographers. Capture the beautiful sunrise or sunset through the windows of this palace against the pinkish sky. It will make a gorgeous post for your Instagram feed. Hawa Mahal is a palace of wind that circulates the air through within a structure. It is a fabulous specimen of architecture that you cannot miss on your trip to Jaipur.
5. Visit the local sights
Just when you think that you have exhausted the city, Jaipur will give you a couple of more reasons to stick around and put on your exploring glasses. The city is full of amazing local sights that will leave you appreciating the intense architectural beauty. A complete trip to Jaipur is impossible if you miss these local beauties. Some of them are – City Palace, Panna Meena ka Kund, Jantar Mantar, Ishwar Lat, Alberta Hall Museum and much more.
6. Experience the Rajasthani culture at Choki Dhani
A specially crafted night to give you a complete Rajasthani experience is waiting for you at Choki Dhani. A wonderful ethnic village where you will get to witness spectacular performances, aroma and authentic Rajasthani cuisines. Spend an evening here to get the essence of true Rajasthani culture. With attractive costumes, the hosts will impress you with the remake of Haldighati battle, folk dance, puppet show, and magic shows. It is also a hub of several local artisans who sell unique Rajasthani handicrafts.
7. Witness the royal style of Jaipur at Samode Haveli
This stunning luxury hotel is worth a visit on your trip to Jaipur. Samode Haveli makes the perfect destination to witness the royalty of Jaipur. Order your lunch, meanwhile, you can get stunning photographs that you will remain in awe of. It’s an incredibly beautiful hotel and was once a traditional Indian palace back in the day. There are lush greenery and flowers blossoming in every corner of the hotel.
Jaipur is an exceptional city displaying vibrant colors amid its ancient architectural specimens No matter what you hear, you get to feel the real vibes only when you plan a trip to Jaipur. Jaipur feels eternally serene with its breathtaking cultural insights and an array of colors. Festivities, hues of kite flying overhead, princely royalty and the pink hues make Jaipur the bright and lively city that it is.